Classes are officially over, and all of my work is finally turned in. I took some time over the past few days to look back on the semester, and I realized that although I’ve been here for months, there’s still plenty of things I haven’t done. Luckily, I’ll be back for another semester, unlike most study abroad students who are only here through Christmas (thank you Holy Cross for enforcing the whole year policy). So here they are, my New Year’s/ second semester St. Andrew’s resolutions:
1. Go out more, stress about work less – Now that I’ve gauged the workload here at St. Andrews, it’s time I see less of my computer screen and more of the town.
2. Play the back 9 of the Strathtyrum Course – After I do this, I will have officially played every hole on the St. Andrews links, thereby accomplishing my original goal of playing all 7 courses.
3. Money permitting, rent and wear a kilt to the May Ball – enough said.
4. Travel to these countries/ cities
- Edinburgh – the only time I’ve been there is when I’m flying out of the airport
5. Find out the name of the girl who works behind the bar at the Raisin – not only is she nice, casual conversation might lead to free drinks.
6. Go to the Bop at least twice – one must be on a Tuesday and the other on a Friday.
7. Walk the Pier on Sunday morning – usually this is done after church while wearing the famous red robe. I neither go to church nor have a robe, but I’m going to do the walk anyway.
8. Do well in my classes – if I don’t, this whole experience is a bust. Of course with classes like Scottish Pirates, I’m sure I’ll do fine.
9. Live the Dream
My flight back to the States is on Sunday morning. Unfortunately, it decided to snow in St. Andrew’s, and the rest of Scotland, this weekend – there goes the myth that it never snows here. Hopefully an inch or two won’t hold up my return.
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them below and I’ll get back to you!